I have not shared my weekly favorites for quite a few months now. I have been reading other blogs via my phone and/or 4 different computers, so I bookmark them in different place and end up not collecting them in one place to share. Recently started using Google Bookmarks and EverNote to make me a little more organized. That has worked out great this week, hopefully I will be a little more organized now.
Here are some favorite reads from around the blogosphere
- Reviewing Spring Gardening Goals @ 101 Centavos. I miss my Sqaure foot garden.
- Living with your parents after college @ Money in your 20s. It is not uncommon to live with parents after college in India. Guys even live with parents after marriage as a joint family. But that is slowly disappearing in Indian society. I would love to live with my parents, though not for financial reasons.
- Building Profitable Niche Sites – Step by Step Guide From The Extra Money Blog. This is a long and VERY informative article on building Niche sites, which is in my list of things to do this year. I know I will find this very useful. Thanks Sunil!
- Advances in Behavioral Finance Theory & Economics @ Money Crashers. I always like reading behavioral finances articles and this is one of the best I read recently.
- 5 Tips on Saving Money Today @ Millionaire nurse blog.
- Did you know Walmart makes quite a bit of money in real estate? Read about it @ Money Mamba
- An interesting read about a day in the life of a commercial lender @ Back Nine Finances
- Free Money Finance asked a very interesting question – Are you better off than your parents? Great comments to this post. Money wise we might be better off than our parents at this age, but overall I am not sure…
- Are you in a committed relationship but can’t get married or not planning to get married? Financial Security for unmarried couples is a good read, up at Get Rich Slowly.
- Kevin @ Invest It Wisely discusses Stay at home dad and sugar mamas. We wouldn’t mind if my husband stays at home if I bring in enough to support our family (or vice versa). What do you think?
- A Military Members guide to surviving a shutdown @ Compounding Returns
- This is not a recent article, but that doesn’t change anything. Evan @ My Journey to Millions commented on my Donor Advised Funds about using life insurance in our Charitable giving. Here is the article he wrote on that subject – Advanced Charitable giving using life insurance. We don’t have life insurance yet, so when we do take one, we have to give this some thought.
Giveaways and Other Info
- Stoopid Success is hosting a $300 Contest/Giveaway until May 15th.
- The Saved Quarter is hosting a $100 Walgreens Card Giveaway until April 13th.
- Maximizing Money is hosting a $25 Cash Giveaway until April 10th.
- Bucksome Boomer is hosting a 2 $25 Amazon Gift Cards Giveaway until April 15th.
Articles on Wealth Informatics this week
- Spousal IRA : Retirement savings for stay at home parent
- How to make a budget and stick to it
- Sales tax holiday for 2011
- Donor Advised funds – What, how, why & where?
I didn’t participate in any carnivals this week. Hoping to get into a regular schedule and submit soon.
Thanks for visiting!