Updated on Feb 5, 2014 for 2013 Tax year TurboTax discounts and coupons.
Turbo Tax is one of the most popular tax preparation software. If you used Turbo Tax last year and are looking for Turbo Tax Discounts & Coupons on to do your taxes this year, this is where you will find them. Most of these Turbo Tax discounts apply only for federal tax return and you will have to pay for your state return (some include state as well). But after you file your federal return using Turbo Tax it might be easy to do the state and you can check if you can file your state return for free with your state’s own tax software. On to the Turbo Tax discounts now.
Turbo Tax Discounts for customers of certain financial institutions
TurboTax for Free
- What is better than a free software to help filing your taxes. If you have a very simple tax return (just one W2 and no itemized deduction) you can file your federal taxes for free.
- Statefarm: If you are a state farm customer, you can get Turbo Tax for free. If you are not a customer you get $20 off. More details here for customers – Statefarm turbo tax for free. Here is the link to get $20 off for Non customers – Statefarm Up to $20 off. All you need is a banking/insurance relationship with State farm.
TurboTax Up to $20 off
Price: Deluxe – $19.99 ($10 off), Premier – $34.99 ($15 off), Home & Business – $54.99 ($20 off).
- Chase Credit Card Holder : If you have a chase credit card, use it at the check out and save $20. (Paying with Chase credit card is mentioned in the Chase site, during checkout it doesn’t look like it enforces a Chase card) Chase Discount
- Schwab Customers : You will have to login to access the $20 off offer from Schwab. After you login, go to the taxes menu on the top, it will list both TurboTax and H&R Block as options.
- USAA : $20 off all versions of Turbotax USAA tax center or direct link USAA $20 off Turbotax.
- Scotttrade : Scottrade customers receive a $20 discount off TurboTax online federal products, or a $10-$15 discount off a TurboTax Desktop software download. Scotttrade account is free to open and they have very competitive trading fees.
- Bank of America : Bank of America offers a $20 discount for Turbo Tax federal return (In the home page it says $15, but the discount is actually $20 for Home & Business, $10 for Deluxe). It doesn’t require logging into Bank of America account, so it looks like anyone can use it. Click on this link to get the discount – Bank of America Turbo Tax Discount.
- Fidelity : Fidelity offers $20 discount on federal products for everyone. They used to offer discount that also applies to state return, but this year I cannot find a discount for the state return. Here is the link to get the deal – Fidelity 25% off Federal & State.
- Capital One Card Holders : Capital one offers $10-$20 off for all its card holders. It doesn’t require a login, so looks like anyone can get a discount. Again, if you are filing both this 25% off for both federal and state is better than 35% off federal alone. Here is the link to get the deal – Capital one 25% off Discount. [Note: Reader Len informed us that he was able to get a Capital One discount on top of the fidelity discount just by checking out with a Capital One card. So looks like the Capital One discount is stack-able. That will bring the price down by another $10-$20 depending on the product.Thanks Len!]
- Wells Fargo : Wells Fargo offers the same $20 off for its customers. Wells Fargo Turbo Tax
- Vanguard : Login required. Vanguard offers discount of up to $20 of Intuit’s price to its regular investors. Flagship Services and Asset Management Services clients will receive complimentary access to the Federal: Basic, Federal: Deluxe, and State: Basic products More info: Vanguard Tax Center.
- T. Rowe Price : TRP offers a $10-$20 discount on online as well as download products. Link to the deal – T. Rowe Price discount.
- Navy Federal Credit Union: NFCU offers the familiar discount of $10-$20 off on online Turbo Tax products – Link to the deal. Here is the link to the deal for military edition (E-1 to E-5 free federal & state return; E-6 to E-10 & Officers $14.99, state extra $36.99) – Military edition discount.
TurboTax $15 Off Discount
- Visa Card Holder : Even if you are not a customer of any of these financial institution, most people have a visa credit/debit card in their wallet. So for carrying that card, Visa offers up to $15 off deal, only on federal - Visa Card Holder Discount
TurboTax $5 Off Discount
- American Express Card Holder : If you are an American express card holder, all you have to do is pay with an AmEx card during check out. American Express TurboTax.
TurboTax Discount for CD and Downloadable Products
- Amazon.com provides a 17% off price for TurboTax Deluxe Federal + e-File + State 2013 CDROM & download version with Bonus refund offer, 22% off of TurboTax Premier Federal + e-File + State 2013 CDROM & download version and 20 % off TurboTax Home and Business Fed + E-File + State 2013 [Bonus Refund offer: Receive up to 10% on top of your Federal Tax Refund
when you file with TurboTax and use some (or all) of your Federal Refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card from TurboTax]
TurboTax Discounts for all
- Bank of America discount link doesn’t require logging in. So it looks like it is for everyone. Same thing with Fidelity. This Up to $20 off discount from Bank of America or from Fidelity ($20 off) is the best deal if you are looking to file just your federal return via TurboTax. ***Check this post to see if your state has free tax filing – Free state tax filing online (all states) ***
- None of the discounts include the state return this year (some of them say they include a discount for State return as well, but when I actually see the price, they are all $36.99).
With all these discounts even if you are not eligible for free e-file due to income restriction or complicated returns, you never have to pay full price again. If you taxes are rather simple with no itemized deductions like mortgage interest, no rental property, or sold any investments, you can always file for free, just click on the banner below.